Friday, March 25, 2011

Sushi should be spelled d-i-s-a-s-t-e-r..

Once, I begin this I do apologize for the lack of blogging, onto the story!

Sushi making was a complete disaster! I can't even begin to explain how badly this went. My father and I have sworn to never try this again.

We were going to try to make the simplest of all the recipes. Vinegared, steamed white rice with salmon, wrapped in seaweed. Sounds simple, right? Wrong.

Everything that could go wrong, did. First, the rice was absolutely dreadful. We tried everything completely original, so we didn't try minute rice. That was a mistake, it turned out hard, and super vinegary. Yuck. Secondly, the fish we bought was not the best thing I've ever tasted, and I usually like salmon! Just not, raw, I suppose. Lastly, the seaweed wrap we used was the stringiest, most vulgar thing that has ever passed through my lips. And the best part about it all? It didn't even stick together. It crumpled. I'll be uploading pictures later, so you all can see exactly what I'm talking about.

But, the best part about this all was the laughter. My dad and I were literally, almost crying at how terrible these turned out. Even though the recipe was a complete bust, which I won't put up here, because no one should waste their time with it, he and I had the best time together. I couldn't ask for a funnier night.

4 comments:

jepascoe said...

Awww! That's too bad your recipe didn't turn out, but that's awesome that you had such a great time with your dad :)

Michelle said...

Oh my goddd! That sounds soo bad. eeew. I like fish but not raw! Sick. I give you credit. Did you eat it all?!

Jessica said...

I tried eating it, but it just wasn't possible. Hahah!

Unknown said...

Sorry about the failed sushi experiment, but the important thing is that you had fun with your dad. Funny post, by the way. I've never tried sushi and you sure didn't make me want to run out and buy some.