Thursday, March 31, 2011

Stumped

Well, I'm stumped. My dad has decided that this project is something that I should do on my own. The only problem is, he was the inspiration of this project in the first place! Recently at the bar he works at one of the bartenders left for a better job. Now, my dad is stuck working his shifts, which make him very tired. Instead of working occasionally, he's working four days a week.

Now to us that doesn't sound like a lot really. I would love to work four days a week and call it good, but it is a lot more difficult for those with a brain injury. The commotion of bar/restaurant leaves him tired after a short shift, so he usually goes to bed almost immediately after getting home. With his work schedule the way it is I'm going to have to take on this whole cooking/eating project on by myself.

I'm planning on cooking tomorrow or Saturday. So I was wondering if any of you guys had a good idea for me! Like I said in the beginning of the blog I'm down for anything so wild suggestions would be great! If not, no worries, I'll find something myself. :)

2 comments:

lwarnos said...

http://www.foodnetwork.com/tylers-ultimate/ultimate-soup-sammy/index.html

Try this! I saw this soup/sandwich combo at three in the morning on the Food Network before I was flying out to Costa Rica. I really enjoyed the challenge of having to work on timing everything correctly, so it was all still hot as I set it on the table.

If you attempt this, some pointers:

1. I used Stonehouse bread and different cheese for the grilled cheese, but it all worked out.
2. I skipped the Dijon mustard (ew) but the apples + bacon are a strangely dazzling combo.
3. Put your noodles into the soup a bit later than called for, because they swelled a lot and got soggy.
4. I substituted chicken instead of italian sausage.
5. It makes a large crock full of soup.

Good luck (if you so choose)!

Jessica said...

Ohhh LEVI! You're a genius. I'm going to try this tomorrow! Thanks, dear. :)